Happy Halloween...and other good things. The photo collage features photos from my monthly quilt group's annual observance of Halloween:Boo Bingo, a game most members play. Admission: Fat quarters ( fabric that is cut one-half of a half yard = a fat quarter). Bingo chips are anything: buttons; pennies; M & M's; etc. Winners get a stack of fat quarters to add to their stash... the other photos in the collage: a quilt - called a cheater 'cause the design is printed on and all one has to do is the quilting -stitching on top that not only keeps the design together but also adds intricate stitching and interests to the quilt; and the church- where we meet - annual pumpkin patch sale. Proceeds benefit NM Navajos and the church's youth groups.
Today marks the 304th day of the year - just 61 days left in 2017! Tomorrow, November 1, is just hours away...and so is NaBloPoMo: National Blog Posting Month. Last year, when I started NaBloPoMo, I had no idea, let alone intention that I would continue daily posting beyond 30 Nov let alone continue, thus far, through 2017. Today's post marks my 326th consecutive one...
So, the question is: what have I learned from the experience, thus far:
- Life is full of surprises...the old adage 'best laid plans of men gang aft agley' is true and one should always keep that in mind...there have been several times when I've had connection issues and fortunately, managed a work around using my iPhone and iPad or iMac or going where there was WiFi... Having a plan B, I guess it's called...
- Plan ahead ... at least have some ideas floating around not only in your head but also on paper...It's probaby a great idea to prep/draft a few posts and have them waiting in the wings, just in case. I haven't gotten there, yet...Usually, I am thinking about the current day's topic/content. Note to Self: work on planning ahead ...
- Scrap perfection! T'aint no such animal. Go for "perfectly imperfect" instead. And along with that:
- Show up! Write a Haiku; Post a quote with a complementary/complimentary photo you have in your files... or
- Share a few sites you've visited and gleaned TIPS: thoughts; ideas, inspiration, information; Practices; processes; prompts, etc ...The history of weblogs stems from logs people kept of web sites they'd found/visited back in late '90s...the words web log were combined to weblog and then shortened to blog.
- Miss a day? Just keep on keepin on! Don't despair or quit! Something is better than nothing!
- Consider a monthly or weekly theme and of course, a daily meme such as Three on Thursday or Unraveled Wednesday. Some of my for sure go to themes: Simply a Moment (15th of the month on this blog); Six Minute Diary; Watercolor Wednesday (tho' I've not used in a while); Around here/Currently...Take a few minutes and brainstorm a list...
- Visit sites that offer a daily prompt : QuoVadis' Journaling Prompts , Word Press and Blissful Lemon are several that come to mind.
- Finally, do what works for you...and above all else, Have Fun !
Enjoy Halloween and I'll be back tomorrow ... at least that's my plan! Are you planning to join NaBloPoMo? I hope so...and I look forward to reading your posts! Share in the comments and you can link up here with BlissfulLemon.