Today, as we welcomed morning- reluctantly - we watched the sun rise over the mountains: mist tinged with the pinks and soft yellows.
On the road, headed N toward Portland. Listening to Isaac Albeniz, guitarist. Linda my friend and companion just remarked: “I guess going to Sisters is like going to Disney (Land/World)… I asked "How?" She answered: "Because you always have something to entertain you."
I nodded and thought: Yes! Most noticeably: Mother Nature:
- wide open spaces
- hillsides dotted with every variety of pine you can imagine;
- majestic skies filled with clouds of every shape, formation;colors;
- mountains surrounding, encircling us on every side;
- highway dotted with little clumps of yellow sage, bales of hay;
- trees are slowly and surely turning…more yellow than red at this point in early autumn.
And this is just one facet of Oregon, blessed with every type of terrain, foliage one can imagine.
Soon, Sisters - the enchanted little city with its little population of deer that roam with abandon will be just an ever-present memory ... and yearning.