I spent much of the long holiday weekend assembling furniture:
- Saturday, a standup/sit down desk;
- Sunday afternoon, a Raskog cart - I currently have 4 in various rooms;
- Today, a shelf that sits on top of a desk though I'm currently using on my scrapping table (actually two counter-height kitchen* cabinets leftover from when we built the addition a dozen years ago 'cause - I stand up when I scrap or paint). Don't know why, just do. I may start sitting down and the next thing I know, I'm standing up.
Today, after a very leisurely morning, I've spent the afternoon tweaking the rearrangement of furniture - tho' mostly things - in my craft room. I'm thinking I should change the name of this place to something that has to do with story for it is this room that houses all my journals, memorabilia and scrapbook albums - in various stages ranging from done to undone - more of the latter - but, that's another story for another day. Most of the items I assembled - well, actually all - come from IKEA and I've had for several months. It apparently took last week's ThinkWriteThursday prompt to move me off the dime! Oh my, have I enjoyed an endorphin rush over these past three days! And the weather is an added bonus! Between Mother Nature and my energy, there's no telling what I might accomplish.
Mail over the past week, once we got past February 14 has been light:
- a couple magazine/catalogs from local museums - besides being informative, I often find great images for collage journal entries;
- two $10 off Amazon Prime Now coupons - better spend these this week 'cause they expire at the end of the month!
- a mailer from the District of Columbia government reminding us "snow is coming!" and including snow shoveling tips and the City's snow removal regulations. So far, we've not needed this important piece of mail - especially yesterday, today, tomorrow...and looks like weeks to come! Could we really get through winter without any snow? Time will tell - only 30 days to go:
- a "thank you" postcard from POTUS 44 - Barack Obama - via the Democratic Party. Clearly not a collector's item but it will go in my scrapbook album...and
- somehow, caught among the catalogs - a Christmas letter from a long-time friend that evidently I kept aside to answer during InCoWriMo month. Time's awastin' and soon the month will be over...guess I'd better get busy with sending a few more notes/letters myself.
Today is the first that I've used my new desk! It's pretty neat and the control is a simple up/down that I press. I think it's a keeper! Now to think of a new name for this room; any ideas?
Here's to a grand week - mail and otherwise - for you! Hop on over to Sian at From High in the Sky and friends sharing their Memos, Mail and a bit of themselves.
*Note to Self: I must remember this: Story of kitchens and my first foray to IKEA, thirty years ago!